Cidery Profile: Hauser Estate Winery
This post is part of a series where we highlight why we love the cideries and orchards that host The Hard Cider Run. Read on to learn some cool features and facts!
We’re super excidered to return to Hauser Estate Winery for The Hard Cider Run: Gettysburg on April 18th!
Hauser Estate Winery is home to the ever popular Jack’s Hard Cider, where the Hauser Family prides themselves on conducting every aspect of the cider-making process from the ground-up. For over 50 years, the Hauser Family has been growing their own apples, pressing and fermenting them, and then packaging the hard cider all on site at their facility located in one of the Apple Capitals of the World, Biglerville, PA. Their freshly pressed ciders also have no added colors, flavors, or sugars.
Here are a few of their popular ciders:
- Jack’s Dry Hopped Hard Cider: Lemongrass and floral aromas and flavors added to the dry cider base, with classic American craft brewing hops added throughout the fermentation process. Available year round. Alcohol Content: 5.5%
- Jack’s Original Hard Cider: Dry, crisp, and refreshing; like biting into the perfect apple. Available year round. Alcohol Content: 5.5%
- Jack’s Helen’s Blend: Fruit forward with a balance of natural acids and sugars creating a smooth finish. Available year round. Alcohol Content: 4.5%
- Jack’s Peach Hard Cider: Light with fresh peach aromas and flavors. Available year round. Alcohol Content: 5.0%
- Jack’s Pear Cider: Pressed with fresh local pears. Has an acidic body with a smooth pear finish. Available year round. Alcohol Content: 5.5%
- Jack’s Fireside Cider: Sweet and tart pressed apples, with a subtle spice of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and vanilla. Available November-March. Alcohol Content: 5.0%
- Jack’s Conewago Orchard: An off-dry hard cider with a touch of sweetness. Made from the finest cider apples grown at Conewago Orchard. Available April-August. Alcohol Content: 5.5%
Things to Check Out (Besides the Cider):
The Tasting Room and Winery: The 360 degree glass-enclosed tasting room overlooks miles of beautiful farmland, orchards, and forests. Enjoy their hard cider or wine with a view! The tasting room has inside seating as well as a great outdoor patio.
Hauser After Hours: Every weekend, Hauser Estate Winery is open after normal business hours with live music performances from acoustic artists to full bands. They also offer pay per plate dinners from local caterers. Admission is always free! More details on the schedule can be found here: http://www.hauserestate.com/event/hauser-after-hours-2/?instance_id=1031
19 On The Square: If you prefer more of a city experience, check out their Downtown Gettysburg tasting room located at 19 Lincoln Square. They offer tastings of their delicious wines and ciders starting at 12PM!
Hope to see you in April!